Nigerian incubator announced the start of an incubation programme “StartUp SouthWest“, a regionally-focused incubation programme designed to train and support tech startups in the region.
Partnered with The World Bank, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment Nigeria, StartUp Southwest is a beneficiary of the Growth and Employment (GEM) project, focused on fostering a vibrant and sustainable technology ecosystem across South West Nigeria and will offer pre-incubation training and a startup incubation programme. Applications for both programmes are open here until August 30.
Pre Incubation Phase
The pre-incubation programme is focused on providing training and support in data science, artificial intelligence, software development ethics, entrepreneurship and ideation. Thestartup incubation component is a six-month long programme that provides an opportunity for innovative startup teams to refine their business model, improve their product and strategy, achieve product-market fit, and acquire early customers.
Startup Incubation Phase
Startup incubation phase is a six-month-long programme that provides an opportunity for innovative startup teams to rethink their business model, redefine their product and strategy, achieve product-market fit, and acquire early customers.
Benefits of the programme:
Startups that are accepted into the program will receive the following:
1. Office space for team members, high speed internet, meeting rooms & more.
2. Hands-on support: Business strategy, financial management, recruitment, product development (advisory)
3. Access to experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts via mentorship.
4. Access to our network of corporate partners.
5. Access to investors for funding post-incubation.
6. Amazon Web Services (AWS), HubSpot credit and more products from partners.
To be eligible to attend the program, startups must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a revenue model and be generating revenue.
2. Have a functional product that leverages technology.
3. Have gained Users/customers.
4. Have a management team consisting of up to 3 members which includes a technical lead and founder(s) that are fully committed to the business.
5. Have the potential to scale.